Janio is a cross-border smart logistics solutions provider in Southeast Asia (SEA), connecting merchants, logistics partners, and major industry players across the globe. As we advance towards building this integrated end-to-end logistics network of key players, our evolving data-intelligent platform will empower SEA’s ecommerce businesses to scale quickly and reliably.
Janio is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our expanding Malaysia team. This position is exposed to multiple aspects of setting up a business in a fast-paced startup environment. We invite candidates with an entrepreneurial and motivated mindset, as well as a keen interest in combining logistics with new technologies, to apply.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct proactive sales calls, visits and presentations to new clients
- Be the primary point of contact for the customer, representing all our services and solutions, with focus in cross border eCommerce logistics
- Analyze market trends to explore potential markets and clients
- Design, plan and present logistics solutions to meet clients’ requirements
- Coordinate and facilitate effective internal and external communications to drive business growth
- Partner with cross-functional teams on RFQ, pricing and handover preparations
- Participate in sales & marketing activities to promote awareness in the market and develop new business opportunities
- Update CRM tools to keep track of sales activities, customer data and market intelligence
- Perform any other ad-hoc tasks assigned by manager
You are best equipped for this role if you possess/are:
- Degree holder with minimum 3 years’ experience in the logistics industry. Related experience in the e-Commerce/technology industry is a plus
- Proven sales track record
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Ability to influence key decision makers (CEO, COO, Head of Departments).
- Fluency in both oral and written English and a 2nd language (i.e. Bahasa)
- Computer literacy and good digital skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, in particular PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to convince and negotiate with stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking capabilities
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to details
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, startup environment
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work independently and has strong interest in Sales
Please include your notice period, current and expected salary in your application.