Janio is a cross-border logistics platform that provides an integrated end-to-end logistics solution to merchants across Southeast Asia (SEA). At our core we operate as a smart logistics solutions provider, serving merchants and logistics partners and connecting industry players across the globe.
Through Janio, we strive to create a truly integrated network that brings together every key player to become the backbone supporting SEA’s growing e-commerce ecosystem. Looking ahead, our platform would look to incorporate elements of AI and machine learning to provide a suite of smart solutions for real time tracking, route optimization, warehouse management and dynamic forecasting to truly become a data-intelligent platform.
Gearing up for the next growth stage, Janio is looking for Head of Commercial, GCN who will be responsible for mapping out clear commercial milestones, providing structure and processes that drive efficiency and growth.
This role requires you to assume country-level P&L responsibilities. In this capacity, you will oversee Singapore’s commercial strategy and initiative, and deep dive into complex business challenges. You are a numbers-driven leader who will help us build and scale our commercial and partnership efforts, as well as to play an active role in our strategic discussions. You will be required to design and implement core go-to market initiatives that support our local growth, and take ownership of our product offerings.
- Spearhead Company’s growth in the Greater China market for B2C E-commerce cross (into ASEAN)
- Lead a small team to generate leads from the Greater China market for mid to large size customers who ship cross border from China to SG/MY/PH/ID
- Identify potential clients and segments within the Greater China ecommerce eco-system that are addressable by Company from existing contacts or relationships
- Formulate and implement marketing strategies in Greater China to identify and generate leads for potential clients and segments within the Greater China e-commerce eco-system
- Work with existing clients to grow the current business volumes as well as identify new streams for mutual benefit
- Role is highly commercial in nature but also requires operational knowledge of e-commerce logistics
- Ready contacts in the freight forwarding, consolidator and aggregator market would be highly advantageous
- Strategy formulation for Greater China growth in phases to morph into expansion to other cities in Greater China (2-3 year plan of drop off locations and Greater China coverage)
- Identify network partners for first and final mile capabilities in TW, HKG, Greater China that can facilitate cross border trade between ASEAN and China
- Team management role to work with the sales/account management staff to canvass and cover as much geography and re-sellers/aggregators as possible to drive volumes into ASEAN
- Help craft Greater China expansion and growth strategy in tandem with HQ based on customer requirements for joint planning of investments
- P&L Deliverables (revenue, Gross margin, EBIT receivables)
You are best equipped for this role if you possess/are:
- Degree holder with minimum 5-6 years’ experience in the commercial function, driving sales and accountable for revenue target. Related experience in the e-Commerce/technology industry is a plus
- Proven sales track record
- Developing growth strategies and plans
- Ability to influence key decision makers
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Chinese
- Computer literacy and good digital skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, in particular PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to convince and negotiate stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking capabilities
- Strong organization skills and high attention to details
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, startup environment
- Self-Motivated Individual who is able to work independently