Janio is a cross-border smart logistics solutions provider in Southeast Asia (SEA), connecting merchants, logistics partners, and major industry players across the globe. As we advance towards building this integrated end-to-end logistics network of key players, our evolving data-intelligent platform will empower SEA’s ecommerce businesses to scale quickly and reliably.
Our platform will look to use AI and machine learning to enable real-time tracking, route optimization, warehouse management, and dynamic forecasting — in order to build Southeast Asia’s leading logistics network.
The Regional Operations Associate will be reporting to the Regional Operations Manger, and is responsible for overseeing and developing our regional operations capabilities and diving into complex business challenges.
We’re looking for a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves type of self starter who enjoys collaborating in a fast-paced and high impact environment. You should have an entrepreneurial and motivated mindset, with a strong interest in combining logistics with new technologies. What you’ll get in return are opportunities to develop and grow professionally as a valued team member, in a dynamic and cross-functional start-up environment.
You’ll join a team where everyone is striving for constant innovation and improvement. We are an incredibly driven and supportive team who are passionate about what we do, and are obsessed with high performance. We have a strong commitment to make Janio a great place to work at and grow with.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for vendor performance management – establish and manage the service standards and performance of all vendors, third party providers, and other external stakeholders
- Implement and execute operational processes needed to maintain a high standard of service
- Execute import, export, or breakbulk processes to ensure all SOPs are adhered to and processed efficiently in a manner that meets all compliance requirements
- Identify and resolve issues causing delays in air/ocean cargo movement
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional and technical teams to drive new operational designs, and oversee the end-to-end development of key operational projects
- Review operational performance from the aspect of service and cost, supported by data analysis
- Work proactively and closely with related business stakeholders to meet customers’ expectations, and manage project implementation and execution to ensure that OKRs are met
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Possess a degree in Business, Supply Chain or Operations related fields
- A background in operational experience in eCommerce or the logistics industry is preferred
- A strong, independent contributor
- Ability to think quantitatively and qualitatively about operating processes and outcomes
- Good writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and communication skills
- Continuous optimizer – always looking out for ways to make things better and more efficient
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment
- Logical, measured along with the ability to solve problems in a way that inspires enthusiasm in others to help
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and consistently demonstrates a strong drive for excellence
- Ability to perform under pressure and in stressful situations