Our platform will look to use AI and machine learning to enable real-time tracking, route optimisation, warehouse management, and dynamic forecasting — in order to build Southeast Asia’s leading logistics network.
Janio is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our rapidly expanding Indonesia team. This position is exposed to multiple aspects of setting up a business in a fast-paced startup environment. We invite candidates with an entrepreneurial and motivated mindset, as well as a keen interest in combining logistics with new technologies, to apply.
The successful candidate will:
- Be the primary point of contact for the customer, representing all our services and solutions, with focus in cross border eCommerce logistics.
- Analyse market trends to explore potential markets and clients.
- Conduct proactive sales calls, visits and presentations to new clients.
- Design, plan and present logistics solutions to meet clients’ requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate effective internal and external communications to drive business growth.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on RFQ, pricing and handover preparations.
- Participate in sales & marketing activities to promote awareness in the market and develop new business opportunities.
- Update CRM tools to keep track of sales activities, customer data and market intelligence.
- Perform any other ad-hoc tasks assigned by manager.
You are best equipped for this role if you possess/are:
- Degree holder with minimum 3 years’ experience in the logistics industry. Related experience in the e-Commerce/technology industry is a plus.
- Proven sales track record.
- Developing growth strategies and plans.
- Ability to influence key decision makers (CEO, COO, Head of Departments).
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
- Computer literacy and good digital skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, in particular PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to convince and negotiate stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking capabilities.
- Strong organisation skills and high attention to details.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Self-Motivated Individual who is able to work independently.