Janio is a cross-border logistics platform that provides an integrated end-to-end logistics solution to merchants across Southeast Asia (SEA). At our core we operate as a smart logistics solutions provider, serving merchants and logistics partners and connecting industry players across the globe.
Our platform will look to use AI and machine learning to enable real-time tracking, route optimization, warehouse management, and dynamic forecasting — in order to build Southeast Asia’s leading logistics network.
This role will be reporting to the Group Head of Operations, and is responsible for overseeing and developing our operations capabilities in the Greater China (GCN) market, growing teams to drive these capabilities forward, and diving into complex business challenges.
We’re looking for a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves type of leader who enjoys collaborating in a fast-paced and high impact environment. You should have an entrepreneurial and motivated mindset, with a strong interest in combining logistics with new technologies. What you’ll get in return are opportunities to develop and grow professionally as a valued team member, in a dynamic and cross-functional start-up environment.
You’ll join a team where everyone is striving for constant innovation and improvement. We are an incredibly driven and supportive team who are passionate about what we do, and are obsessed with high performance. We have a strong commitment to make Janio a great place to work at and grow with.
The successful candidate will:
- Align Janio’s operational strategy to meet our commercial and strategic goals, and drive the development of new e-logistics products
- Collaborate and align with business development teams, and actively participate in weekly meetings to support key commercial objectives
- Be responsible for vendor performance management – establish and manage the service standards and performance of all vendors, third party providers, and other external stakeholders
- Oversee escalation and resolution frameworks, commercial negotiation, and cost optimisation
- Establish, monitor, revise, document, and communicate all operational SOPs for adherence across teams at a local and regional level
- Oversee the import, export, or breakbulk process to ensure all SOPs are adhered to and processed efficiently in a manner that meets all compliance requirements
- Work closely with Airline/Carriers or Co-loaders, and oversee agents regarding shipment details and problem resolution
- Identify and resolve issues causing delays in air/ocean cargo movement
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional and technical teams to drive new operational designs, and oversee the end-to-end development of key operational projects
- Take part in cross-department(s) coordination to manage product development and cost-control to achieve P&L target
- Review product performance from the aspect of service and cost, supported by data analysis
- Work proactively and closely with related business stakeholders to meet customers’ expectations, and manage project implementation and execution to ensure that OKRs are met
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Possess a degree in Business, Supply Chain or Operations related fields
- Min. 5 years of working experience in Vendor Management, Business Intelligence or Operations and Supply Chain related fields
- A background in operational experience in eCommerce or the logistics industry is preferred
- Good knowledge and understanding of the SEA and China markets
- A strong, independent contributor who has demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing, and developing high performance teams
- Ability to think quantitatively and qualitatively about operating processes and outcomes
- Knowledge of logistics including Air Operations as well as experience in planning and vendor management in e-logistics is a plus
- Industry standard training/certification such as DG Certification is a plus
- Knowledgeable in International trade, with basic understanding of Customs Compliance, Rules and Regulations, and import and export administrations is a plus
- Good writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and communication skills
- Continuous optimiser – always looking out for ways to make things better and more efficient
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with the ability to lead and adapt in a changing business environment
- Logical, measured along with the ability to solve problems in a way that inspires enthusiasm in others to help
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and consistently demonstrates a strong drive for excellence
- Ability to perform under pressure and in stressful situations
Please include your notice period, current and expected salary in your application.