Janio is a cross-border smart logistics solutions provider in Southeast Asia (SEA), connecting merchants, logistics partners, and major industry players across the globe. As we advance towards building this integrated end-to-end logistics network of key players, our evolving data-intelligent platform will empower SEA’s ecommerce businesses to scale quickly and reliably.
Our platform will look to use AI and machine learning to enable real-time tracking, route optimization, warehouse management, and dynamic forecasting — in order to build Southeast Asia’s leading logistics network.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to work in our engineering team to be involved in the day-to-day monitoring, backup, deployment and maintenance of systems to solve our key business goals. The ideal candidate is hands-on and passionate about designing and implementing high-quality DevOps solutions with operability, scalability and security in mind.
The successful candidate will:
- Set up and maintain distributed applications over different types of setup from serverless to fully self-managed VMs
- Influence, set up and manage CI/CD pipelines
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of problems in the systems
- Improve and maintain system resiliency through deployment, integration and automation
- Have the option to work on the latest cloud technologies and set/manage them for scalable, distributed systems
- Have the opportunity to explore and learn about security concepts
You will be joining a team that is consistently striving for constant innovation and improvement while being supported by an incredibly driven and supportive peripheral team. We are passionate about what we are doing and are obsessed with high performance. We have a strong commitment to make Janio a great place to work at and grow with.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Hands-on experience working with AWS services
- Strong sysadmin background for Linux based systems
- Operational expertise around managing components such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Elastic Search, SQS, Kafka, Superset, Redshift etc.
- Hands-on experience with setting up and managing Kubernetes cluster(s) and containerization stack (docker, container registry etc.)
- Strong experience with deploying and managing serverless applications
- Experience working with configuration deployment tools
- Strong experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on experience with and understanding of networking and security concepts
- Comfortable working in scripting languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams and willingness to go the extra mile for the company
- Bias for action and a sense of ownership