Janio is a cross-border logistics platform that provides an integrated end-to-end logistics solution to merchants across Southeast Asia (SEA). At our core we operate as a smart logistics solutions provider, serving merchants and logistics partners and connecting industry players across the globe.
Through Janio, we strive to create a truly integrated network that brings together every key player to become the backbone supporting SEA’s growing e-commerce ecosystem. Looking ahead, our platform would look to incorporate elements of AI and machine learning to provide a suite of smart solutions for real-time tracking, route optimization, warehouse management and dynamic forecasting to truly become a data-intelligent platform.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to work in our engineering team to build and deliver products that aim to solve key business goals. The ideal candidate is a hands-on and passionate builder with strong experience in developing high-quality, innovative and high performing enterprise grade applications.
The successful candidate will:
- Be part of tech team in Janio which solves highly complex technical problems
- Work with Product team to define key specifications and deliver features and improvements to Janio products while leveraging Django framework
- Craft code that meets our internal standard for scalability, best practices and maintainability for backend services
- Independently ship minor features/improvements with minimal guidance
- Design, develop and deploy highly complex web applications
You will be joining a team that is consistently striving for constant innovation and improvement while being supported by an incredibly driven and supportive peripheral team. We are passionate about what we are doing and are obsessed with high performance. We have a strong commitment to make Janio a great place to work at and grow with.
- Deep understanding of Django framework with extensive hands-on experience of building complex applications
- Strong knowledge of web applications, specially API development
- Experience writing test cases (unit and behavioural)
- Very good understanding of OOPS
- Experience working on complex and scalable applications
- Real passion for software engineering and best practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Required familiarity and willingness to learn and work with the mentioned stack – architecting, development and devops automation.
- Great Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc and enterprise integration.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code etc
- Demonstrated track record of understanding business requirements while working with various stakeholders.
- Strong ability in managing project with tight deadlines
- Experience in working in fact paced and dynamic environment, and prior experience in startup a plus
THE PLUS POINTS
- Experience working on/designing distributed systems
- Experience with AWS services
- Strong knowledge of design patterns