Janio is a cross-border smart logistics solutions provider in Southeast Asia (SEA), connecting merchants, logistics partners, and major industry players across the globe. As we advance towards building this integrated end-to-end logistics network of key players, our evolving data-intelligent platform will empower SEA’s ecommerce businesses to scale quickly and reliably.
Our platform will look to use AI and machine learning to enable real-time tracking, route optimization, warehouse management, and dynamic forecasting — in order to build Southeast Asia’s leading logistics network.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (Backend) to work in our engineering team to build and deliver products that aim to solve key business goals. The ideal candidate is a hands-on and passionate builder with strong experience in developing high-quality, innovative and high performing enterprise grade applications.
The successful candidate will:
- Be part of tech team in Janio which solves highly complex technical problems
- Work with Product team to define key specifications and deliver features and improvements to Janio products while leveraging Django framework
- Craft code that meets our internal standard for scalability, best practices and maintainability for backend services
- Independently ship minor features/improvements with minimal guidance
- Design, develop and deploy highly complex web applications
You will be joining a team that is consistently striving for constant innovation and improvement while being supported by an incredibly driven and supportive peripheral team. We are passionate about what we are doing and are obsessed with high performance. We have a strong commitment to make Janio a great place to work at and grow with.
- Deep understanding of Django framework with extensive hands-on experience of building complex applications
- Strong knowledge of web applications, specially API development
- Experience writing test cases (unit and behavioural)
- Very good understanding of OOPS
- Experience working on complex and scalable applications
- Real passion for software engineering and best practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Required familiarity and willingness to learn and work with the mentioned stack – architecting, development and devops automation.
- Great Object Oriented coding practices, including strong design patterns knowledge, Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation etc and enterprise integration.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as Code etc
- Demonstrated track record of understanding business requirements while working with various stakeholders.
- Strong ability in managing project with tight deadlines
- Experience in working in fact paced and dynamic environment, and prior experience in startup a plus
THE PLUS POINTS
- Experience working on/designing distributed systems
- Experience with AWS services
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
Please include your notice period, current and expected salary in your application.